Friday, October 8, 2010

Ajaxterm Setup Guide

I'm using Ajaxterm to access my Debian Lenny server command line remotely from places where I don't have the No Machine client installed. In it's default configuration, it would be great to use in a private network, but it is by no means secure enough to make Internet facing. Configuring SSL on Apache2 can be a real bear, but it is really worth the effort. The big advantage, in my mind, is that Ajaxterm can be configured to require SSL authentication with htpasswd and then it uses SSH authentication to get to the CLI. After fighting through the process for several days I was going to write the whole process up, but I found an article over at mewbies.com that lays out all of the steps and provides fixes for the known issues.

http://mewbies.com/how_to_install_ajaxterm_tutorial.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment